Local Governing Body
- help the school to set high standards by planning for the school’s future and setting targets for school improvement
- support school improvement
- be a critical friend to the school, offering support and advice
- help the school respond to the needs of parents and the community
- make the school accountable to the public for what it does and what it costs
- work with the school on planning, developing policies and keeping the school under review
- exercise its responsibilities and powers in partnership with the headteacher and staff
- not intervene in the day-to-day management of the school unless there are weaknesses in the school, when it then has a duty to take action
- be a credible, representative and authoritative body, aligned to the school’s ethos and educational purpose
If you wish to contact the Governing Body you should write to the Chair of the Governing Body at the school address.
The constitution of the governing body
The governing body meets together at full governing body meetings four times a year. Additionally three committees meet to further support work around pay & finance, curriculum & planning, and resources. There is an annual strategy and governor training day. The Headteacher and the Chair meet fortnightly. Governors are regular and enthusiastic visitors to the school and supporters of extra-curricular and after-school events.