Work For Us

Head of Modern Foreign Languages

Salary
£26,948 – £42,780
+ TLR2b

We are seeking to appoint an experienced, proven and highly motivated professional to lead our successful and growing Modern Foreign Languages faculty. The faculty delivers French and German from key stage three to five.

The successful candidate will provide professional leadership and management of the faculty and demonstrate the ability to motivate and inspire students and colleagues alike.  Teaching across all key stages you will have overall responsibility for maintaining and improving the excellent outcomes of this faculty.

The Hemel Hempstead School is a very popular and very oversubscribed school on a beautiful site in the Boxmoor Village area of the town, close to local and national rail, bus and road links to London.  Our Ofsted inspection in 2016 praised the school, especially “your values of Responsibility, Respect and Relationships being at the heart of the atmosphere at The Hemel Hempstead School.  You and your team prepare pupils to be courteous, considerate and capable young people, ready for the adult world.’

We are an expanding school, having been asked by Hertfordshire to increase to 217 students in each year group and over 250 in the Sixth Form, allowing us to recruit new colleagues and increase the broad range of academically rigorous courses we offer.  Our facilities are excellent with world-class indoor and outdoor sporting facilities, a brand new music, languages and science centre and plans for further improvements across the site.

Please send completed forms to our School Business Manager, Mrs Joanna Avey, via email at j.avey@hemelschool.com by the closing date.  Please note that if you have not been contacted within a week of submitting your applications then, regrettably, you have not been shortlisted.

Why choose to work at The Hemel Hempstead School?
Application Form – Teaching
Head of MFL – Full Advert
Faculty Leader – Person Specification

Progress Champion

Salary
£43,570 – £50,436
Leading Practitioner (Fringe) Range, LP1 to LP7

We are seeking to appoint an experienced, proven and highly motivated professional to take a lead role in our response to the aftermath of COVID-19 and our ongoing commitment to closing the disadvantaged gap.

We foresee new levels and types of disadvantage following the mandatory school closures and as a school already committed to closing the disadvantaged gap we are preparing now to do more in the future and fulfil our raising standards mission:

“Expecting more of every student and groups of students, at every level, and using professional conversations to identify who, what and by when. Keeping up (at KS3) not catching up (at KS4).”

You will be an excellent and experienced practitioner in a literacy or spoken language subject; English, languages, humanities or drama; looking for a role where you will be teaching in the classroom for around 60% of your time and working with targeted individuals and groups of students for the other 40% of your contact time.  You will also be seeking a role in which you can make a difference to the practice and knowledge of other teaching colleagues.

Why choose to work at The Hemel Hempstead School?
Application Form – Teaching
Progress Champion – Full Advert
Progress Champion – Person Specification

Teacher of Food

Salary
£25,543 – £41,635 MPR / UPR

We are seeking to appoint an experienced, proven and highly motivated professional to teach food across key stages three and four.  You would be a member of the popular and thriving Art, Design and Technology Faculty and so the ability and want to teach other areas, such as graphic or product design, would make you a highly desirable candidate.

The faculty delivers a fun and exciting key stage curriculum, based around developing culinary skills and a love of cooking.  At key stage four students take the WJEC Food and Nutrition GCSE in which they produce some stunning dishes for their final project pieces.  The faculty runs an annual ‘bake off’ as part of our exceptional House System and we enter students into the Rotary Club Young Chefs competition

Teacher of Food and Technology
Teaching Person Specification

 

Information for Applicants

Hertfordshire is committed to the safeguarding of children and young people.

Please be advised that if you are called to interview you will need to produce the following as evidence of your identity:

    • Photographic evidence i.e. passport or photocard driving licence
    • Other form of proof of identity – birth certificate and/or
    • Proof of address, i.e. utility bill or bank statement
    • Teachers – proof of qualifications and QTS status (certificates)

Why work at The Hemel Hempstead School

See what our parents think – Ofsted Parent View

Why teach in Hertfordshire

Train to Teach Opportunities with Astra

Map and Directions